What’s the difference between AutoDesk’s Maya and 3DS MAX?Ishika Rao
If you are Confused between AutoDesk’s Maya and Autodesk 3DS MAX? Then you are at right place. This blog post will help you find the difference between AutoDesk’s Maya and Autodesk 3DS MAX.
Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3DS MAX are both 3D softwares used by animators for making 3D animation, 3D modeling, realistic 3D environment, visual effects and many other visual effects. Both the softwares are developed by Autodesk that can be used to create almost anything you can imagine. Different industries use different 3D software. In film industry, most artists prefer to use Autodesk Maya because of the advanced animation and effects tools. However, Architects and Engineers prefer to use Autodesk 3DS Max because it interact with AutoCad and other Autodesk design tools. Autodesk Maya and 3DS MAX programs contain the same major features while the user interface and navigation are different.
Let’s break down the differences between the two.
- Autodesk Maya is available for Windows, Linux, and OSX platforms while Autodesk 3DS Max is only available to Windows operating systems.
- Autodesk Maya uses Y-up coordination system whereas 3DS Max uses a Z-up coordinate system.
- 3DS Max has some really great architectural visualization capabilities that Maya really doesn’t have.
- If you’re beginner in CG 3DS Max then it can be a little simpler to grasp, and can seem a little less daunting than Maya, making it a bit more user friendly.
- For character animation, Maya may be the best choice over 3D Max.
- 3DS Max can be a bit easier to rig, but you can create complex rigs in Maya that might be very difficult to achieve in 3DS Max.
- Autodesk Maya requires some scripting using a MEL script (ASCII) file format whereas 3DS Max can require some scripting using MaxScript.
- Maya is offered as part of the A&E Collection but 3DS Max is a standard part of all of the current Autodesk Collections.
- Some Animators prefer Maya’s toolset for setting keyframes and utilizing curves.
- Some Animators prefer 3DS Max for materials and rendering due to the ease of materials setup.
If you are looking to purchase any of the Autodesk software for business and have any query, feel free to comment or contact us. Our expert team which includes IT professionals with years of experience will help you choose the correct software as per your needs at the best possible rates.