Introducing Windows 11: Check Price, Features, and How to upgrade
Windows 11 is Microsoft’s most recent iteration of the well-known operating system framework. Previously, Microsoft had expressed that Windows 10 would be the last update of the software. Windows 11, to a greater extent, is a streamlining of the current Windows 10 operating system software, instead of a total update, with most of the changes being made to develop UI further and augmenting utility for laptop and non-desktop users.
Microsoft has rolled out the Windows 11 upgrade for the users from October 5, 2021. Windows 11, for now, will only be available to Insider members from next week. Windows 10 users can avail free upgrade for Windows 10 enabled devices from early 2022. Microsoft is offering a free upgrade to Windows 11 for all the new eligible devices first, i.e., for eligibility, various variables will be considered before providing the update initially like hardware, reliability metrics, age of the device. The devices that come pre-loaded with Windows 11 will begin to be available for purchase from on. The Windows 7 firmware users can also avail free upgrade by first purchasing Windows 10 Pro license.
Windows 11 has easy-to-use tools and features that can help you optimize your screen space and maximize your work productivity. Combine that with a Microsoft 365 subscription* and nothing will stop you from getting tasks done.
New Features in Windows 11
The critical features concerning Windows 11 were already announced on June 24, in an enthusiastic live stream made by Microsoft’s Panos Panay. Microsoft has rolled out improved features and new UI in the design in its latest operating system upgrade.
Let us see some of the features of the latest release:
- Microsoft has refreshed the position of the Start menu at the center. The start button now uses the power of the cloud and Microsoft 365 to show you your latest documents regardless of which device you are seeing them on.
- They have improved the connectivity and made multitasking easier with Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and Desktops. With these features, users can access numerous windows and applications at the same time on one screen.
- Microsoft has updated its widgets in new Windows; they now provide updates like news, weather, stocks, time, etc., and with Microsoft, Edge users can accomplish more on the web with its speed and productivity features.
- Microsoft’s Application store has also received a significant redesign, making searching your favorite applications, games, movies, and shows more accessible. Windows 11 will now be able to support Android Applications which can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store or third-party application stores.
- Windows 11 conveys the best gaming options for the users looking for the ultimate gaming experience. With DirectX12 Ultimate, DirectStorage and Auto HDR windows have opened the maximum capacity of your system’s hardware equipment. With the enhanced feature of Xbox Game Pass for PC or Ultimate you can receive access to more than 100 high-end computer games to play on new Windows OS with a minimal monthly cost.
- Windows 11 is the operating system for sophisticated work, conveying new experiences to its users. Its design is more secure, and simple, and familiar for IT professionals to use and manage.
Business Organizations can test the latest features of Windows 11 in preview today in Azure Virtual Desktop.
Minimum system requirements
Microsoft already announced that most of the computers or laptops available in the market would be compatible with Windows 11. Microsoft has also released a rundown list of minimum system requirements:
- 4GB of RAM
- Dual-core processor of 1 GHz or faster with two or more cores on a 64-bit processor
- Storage – 64GB or larger
- Firmware – Secure Boot capable, UEFI
- TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module)
- Larger Display more than 9in with resolution720p or higher
- Graphics card of minimum compatibility with DirectX 12
- Web Connection and Microsoft Account
If you are not sure that your computer is eligible for the update or not. Microsoft has released the latest version of its ‘PC Health Check’ application, intended to assist the users in knowing about it precisely. The application is readily available to download from Windows 11 main page.
Here are the steps you can follow to check the compatibility of your laptop with windows 11:
- Go to Microsoft’s official website and click on Windows 11. Look down to the Check compatibility section and click on the Download application.
- Once Downloaded. Install the Microsoft PC Health Check application on your laptop.
- Open the application, and at the landing page, you will see a notice that says ‘Introducing Windows 11’. Tap on the Check Now button.
If your system is compatible with the latest windows upgrade, it will flash a message that ‘This PC can run Windows 11’. With the windows update, Microsoft has also released the updated version of this application, which will now show the system requirements which are not present if your computer is not compatible with windows 11. You can see the complete rundown list of reasons why your computer will not be able to support Windows 11 updates.
If you have a computer that isn’t qualified for the update, Microsoft has assured you that you can keep using Windows 10 until October 14, 2025.
Windows 11 Pricing
The Next Big Question after the update release arises about the pricing for the Microsoft Windows Operating system users. On the launch event of Windows 11 was revealed as a marvelous item with many exciting elements that will engage everybody, particularly the refreshed centralized position of the Start Menu, the refined edges, Teams update, Android applications, improved gaming experience, and much more. It is launched as a hybrid application suitable for everyone may it be for a person who just wants to have a great time or to an IT expert who will use it to make earning money more manageable. Indeed, Windows 11 has left the world awestruck and discussing about it, but nothing has got more consideration than its pricing.
- Along with the availability of fancy features, Microsoft has also made Windows 11 download available for free for those who already use Windows 10 operating system.
- The cost would entirely depend upon the hardware manufacturer for those who wish to buy Windows 11 enabled new devices.
- The third option is a paid upgrade, where interested users would need to pay the predefined license amount set by Microsoft for buying the Windows 11 operating system.
Upgrading from Windows 10 will not be the only way to get Windows 11. Once it is released, new business laptops and computer systems will be made available in the market with a built-in Windows 11 operating system, invalidating the need to purchase the Windows 11 license independently. It’s difficult to say how much value each company will keep for their device; however, we can anticipate that the cost should be somewhere similar to that of Windows 10 hardware.
How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft has released Windows 11 update for Windows 10 as well as Windows 7 users who want to upgrade their operating system firmware to Windows 11. Windows 11 is a free update for now, and if you have recently purchased a Windows 10 computer, you can update from Windows 10 to latest Windows right away free of cost.
Here is how you can do the update step by step:
- First, check if your PC is eligible for the latest Windows update. You can do that by using Microsoft’s official PC health check app application.
- Though the OS is stable and data loss chances are rare, to be safe, ensure that you have backed-up all your important system data, records, and applications.
- Go to the Start menu -> then go to Settings.
- Windows 10 settings page will open. Go to the “Updates and Security” option on the settings page.
- Once the Windows update page is opened, check for the Updates button.
- Windows will begin checking for new updates. The windows will show numerous updates, and you can choose which update you wish to install.
- Go through the checklist of available updates and click on Windows 11 update in that list, select that option and click on download.
- Once the download is complete, Windows 11 will be installed free of cost.
How to buy Windows 11
Windows 11 is accessible to download on the Microsoft Windows official website, as Microsoft Windows 10 is also available right now. Below is the download link.