Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Review: This 2-in-1 Laptop for business
Microsoft’s Surface Pro 8 has arrived on Indian soil. Microsoft has listened to its consumers and has released the long-awaited Surface Pro 8. The Surface Pro 8 represents the most significant upgrade to the product since the Surface Pro 3. Surface as we know it today began with the Pro 3. Along with the release of Surface Pro 8, the Surface Pro 7+, which was previously only offered to school and commercial clients, will now be available to regular users as well.
The Surface Pro 8 is a 2-in-1 hybrid device that can be used as a tablet or a laptop. With Surface Pro 8, Business employees can work more flexibly than they have ever been. It features a touch screen, a detachable keyboard, and a stylus pen. It also has the well-known kickstand that Surface devices are famous for. The Surface Pro 8 is the company’s most powerful tablet yet, thanks to Intel’s 11th-generation processors. The tablet is Intel Evo certified and runs on Windows 11.
The product has now been redesigned. The new tablet has removed the hefty bezels that felt outdated in the previous models. It has also added two Thunderbolt 4 USB connections. It comes with a 13-inch screen with a 267 PPI that can get brighter than prior Surface Pro devices. It uses a new Slim Pen 2, which is placed on the keyboard. It’s also made of aluminum instead of the more common magnesium. The best part is that it features a 120Hz refresh rate; however, it is still set to 60Hz by default. Microsoft also says that the screen’s color temperature can be adjusted depending on the environment. Finally, the Surface Pro with an Intel processor seems like a modern device.
Here are some of the key distinctions between the Surface Pro 8 and Surface Pro 7:
- New processors include the U-series Intel 11th Gen
- Covering a New Surface Type: Surface Pro X compatible with Surface Slim Pen dock
- Hardware with a more refined form that tapers in the back
- A bigger screen: Instead of a 12.3-inch 60Hz panel with heavy bezels, the Surface Pro 8 sports a 120Hz 13-inch display with reduced bezels.
- Removable SSD
- No more models with 4GB RAM
- Thunderbolt 4 ports (two)
- Haptic support for the Surface Slim Pen 2
Surface Pro 8 Features:
Features of the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 that is ideal for enterprise and business users include:
- Workflow efficiency: Write on a laptop, present on several screens in a desktop mode, or sign an agreement in a tablet mode. The Surface Pro 8 is a versatile 2-in-1 business notebook.
- Team Collaboration: Keep your team collaborating on a PC for remote work with high-definition connectivity. This versatile 2-in-1 for business keeps nine employees connected and working with WiFi 6 and optional 4G LTE Advanced.
- Secure 4G connectivity: Built-in eSIM13 or Nano SIM choices allow you the freedom to provide your team with a secure, stable connection everywhere, at any time.
- Fast Connectivity: WiFi 6 enables faster performance in congested areas. It allows all employees to operate more efficiently without being hampered by slow speeds.
- Connectivity in high definition: The built-in 5.0MP 1080p camera increases low-light performance, brightness, and skin tone correctness. Your voice will be crystal clear because of the dual studio mics in your online presentations and meetings.
- Record, Edit, and Share: Use the 10MP rear-facing camera to capture 4K video, scan a file, or drop an image into the Microsoft Whiteboard and brainstorm in real-time with your team members.
- Biometric login: Fingerprint ID is an extra biometric sign-in option on some Surface Pro Signature Keyboard devices, in addition to Windows Hello to enhance your organization’s security.
Microsoft has enabled certain additional hardware functionalities with the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11, including:
- Dynamic Refresh Rate: This function allows for a greater refresh rate of 120Hz instead of 60Hz when scrolling or using the pen, saving battery life. Surface Pro 8 is set to 60Hz by default; however, users can manually change it to 120Hz.
- Wake on Touch: When the Surface Pro 8 is in standby mode with the display turned off, users can just tap the screen to switch it on, similar to how smartphones function. The Pro 8 then uses Windows Hello feature to auto-login to Windows.
- New Surface Pen with Haptic feedback: Windows 11 also features smartpens with haptics, which allows the pen to imitate writing with various materials such as a pencil or pen on numerous types of paper. For these features, customers have to buy the new Surface Slim Pen 2.
Other changes, features, and improvements in Surface Pro 8 over Surface Pro 7 are:
- The rounded chassis complements Windows 11’s fluid UI design.
- The display asset is increased by 11% with thinner bezels.
- Rather than magnesium, the chassis is built of recyclable anodized aluminum.
- The new ambient color sensor adjusts display colors dynamically based on room lighting.
- Pen latency is almost imperceptible, with a display brightness peaking at 450 nits and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- The speed and precision of the infrared camera have been greatly enhanced.
- Microsoft’s AI enables Windows Hello to dynamically adjust to changes in your look (glasses and facial hair).
- The 5MP full HD RGB camera boasts bigger 1.4-micron pixels for superior low-light performance.
- The camera has also been tuned to keep your face in focus.
- Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision (HDR) (surround sound)
- The 11th Gen Intel processor on the Surface Pro 8 has a TDP of up to 23 watts.
- LTE is available in Core i3 and Core i7 machines for business users.
- The battery capacity has grown to 50.4 kWh from 43.2 kWh.
- Compared to the Surface Pro 7, the new carbon composite thermal dissipation system provides 46 percent faster computation and a 75 percent boost in graphics processing.
In comparison to Surface Pro 4, Pro 5, Pro 6, and Pro 7, Surface Pro 8 is a complete overhaul from the ground up.
Users may now connect their Surface Pro 8 to an eGPU for even more graphics capability for gaming or video editing while still enjoying the benefits of the magnetic Surface Connect port because of Thunderbolt 4.
Surface Pro 8 Specifications:
Here are Microsoft’s latest Surface Pro 8 specifications:
|Specification||Surface Pro 8|
|Laptop Class||Detachable 2-in-1|
Previous Surface Models:
- Surface Pro 4: It includes a 13.5-inch high-resolution display, a beautiful keyboard, a fantastic glass trackpad, and a sleek case. Surfaces have ports in one place, although you do get a USB-C port in addition to your regular old-fashioned USB-A port. A magnetic charging port is also included. Most workloads and applications run smoothly on the Surface Laptop 4.
- Surface Go 3: The 10.5-inch Surface Go 3 is the cheapest and smallest member of the Surface series. This is what you should buy if your needs are simple and you prefer small PCs. It gets the job done despite its slower Intel chips. The Go is ideal for taking notes, thanks to its superb Surface Pen compatibility. It’s a surprisingly nice, though little, tablet and laptop combo with the Type Cover attached. The Go 3 is reasonably priced and suitable for most college students or anyone with the financial means to purchase a second, portable computer.
- Surface Laptop Studio: The Surface Laptop Studio is the Surface line’s powerful transformer. It offers a unique blend of power and versatility, making it an appealing option for creative professionals. With an Intel i7 processor and Nvidia’s GeForce RTX discrete graphics card, the Laptop Studio makes the most sense. The added graphics power is well worth the money if you plan to edit videos or play games. Every model has a 14-inch touch screen with a 120-Hz refresh rate for buttery-smooth scrolling. One of the best touchpads is its haptic trackpad.
- Surface Laptop Go: It’s slim and sleek, with clean lines and a strong feel that’s uncommon at its price point. The top is made of aluminum, while the bottom is made of polycarbonate resin, which is harder and more durable than ordinary laptop material. The major flaw is the low-resolution screen, which isn’t even HD (1080p). As a result, the text may appear to be slightly pixelated. The Surface Laptop Go is a good alternative if you appreciate the portability of the Surface Go hybrid but prefer a more classic foldable style. There are three different variants available, all of which use the Intel Core i5 processor but differ in RAM and SSD size.
- Surface Pro 7: The 2019 Pro 7 is still an excellent 2-in-1 option. It’s a little less powerful, but it has a longer lifespan. A big 12.3-inch 3:2 screen enables both stylus and multi-touch input and can be used in landscape or portrait mode. The iconic kickstand can be adjusted to a variety of positions. When folded, it is aligned with the back of the body and remains firm enough to use a stylus or rest your hand on it while drawing. This is the first Surface Pro model featuring a Type-C connection, which is helpful because it replaces the Mini-DisplayPort video outputs on earlier models.
- Surface Pro X: Surface Pro X incorporates a Microsoft SQ2 processor that offers better performance and battery life. There are only two USB-C ports and a Surface Connector. Although there is no microSD card, you can access the nanoSIM slot and removable SSD by opening a door on the rear. The Surface Pro X breezes past the Windows Hello facial recognition screen and into the Windows desktop with ease.
How to buy Microsoft Surface Pro?
Microsoft has announced that its Surface Pro 8 2-in-1 laptop will be available in India through Surface resellers in India, and authorized retail outlets. You can contact a Microsoft authorized Surface reseller for configurations and pricing. Microsoft Resellers can also assist you in deploying and managing Surface for your company.
Surface resellers can help you install Surface across your organization by providing a variety of devices, services, and support.
- You can get help and guidance with your device.
- You can thoroughly examine your buying alternatives.
- They will help you to easily deploy and integrate your devices.
Wroffy Technologies is a leading Microsoft Partner in India. We are a Microsoft Surface Pro/Laptop/NoteBook tablet and laptop distributor as well as Microsoft software and accessories. You can contact us through our website to speak with one of our experienced customer service representatives. They will walk you through all of your options and assist you in making the best decision possible for your business and personal needs.